I am a Research Engineer in Bloomberg AI. Before joining Bloomberg L.P., I completed my PhD in Computer Science from Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey. During my PhD, I was advised by Gerard de Melo
and also worked in close collaboration with Karl Stratos
Before starting PhD, I was an assistant lecturer in the Department of Mathematical and Computational Sciences at National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Mangalore, India. I received M.Tech in Systems Analysis and Computer Applications from the same institution in 2014. I also spent some time in industry and worked as research intern in Bloomberg L.P., Nokia Bell Labs, and Dell India R&D Center. After completing my undergrad studies, I worked in Cognizant Technology Solutions for one year.
I build deep neural models to deal with various problems in the realm of Natural Language Processing that require language understanding and reasoning capability. I work with large-scale cross-domain factual knowledge graphs and aim to incorporate the huge amount of machine-readable knowledge available in these graphs into several intelligent systems to enable them to achieve human-like language understanding and reasoning capabilities.
- 04-30-2021 I defended my PhD dissertation successfully.
- 04-20-2021 Our paper "Exploiting Image-Text Synergy for Contextual Image Captioning" received the best paper award in the LANTERN workshop co-located with EACL 2021.
- 09-15-2020 I received a student grant from ISWC. I'll be presenting our paper in ISWC on November 3, 2020.
- 05-29-2020 I will be joining Bloomberg AI as a research intern in summer.
- 05-20-2020 Many thanks to Google for supporting our research with GCP grant.
- 08-11-2019 Many thanks to Diffbot for supporting my research on text generation from knowledge graph facts.